alice + olivia by Stacey Bendet Fall/Winter ‘12 – February 13th
Hair by Sebastian Professional
alice + olivia Fall 2012 Inspiration:
In true Bendet form, her Lolita-inspired collection is strong, sexy and playful with a ‘Coquette Cool’ vibe. With a focus this season on outerwear and chic knit dressing – including calf length + body skimming dresses – Bendet puts her own fresh twist on ultimate party dressing, including the launch of the alice + olivia Gown collection. The Fall 2012 collection spotlights intricate textures of rich bouclé, edgy leather, jacquard embroidery, brocades, tapestries and lush furs laid upon custom prints. This season’s palette features a modern mix of bold jewel tones – rich emerald green, deep ruby red, midnight blue, lush plum, strong metallics and Bendet’s signature black + white color-blocking.
Hair Product Cocktail:
- On damp hair, apply a palmful of Sebastian Professional Whipped Crème throughout. Then, layer in a palmful of Mousse Forte. This combination will give the hair long-lasting, defrizzed body.
- Blow-dry smooth using a large round brush. Once dry, divide hair in half horizontally, from recession to the back of the crown. Pin aside the top section and pull the bottom into a tight ponytail at the occipital bone.
- Twist the ponytail around the base and pin to secure. Spray with Sebastian Professional Shaper hairspray for shape and hold.
- Take down the top section and create a middle part. Taking one side at a time, smooth back each section to twist and pin around the chignon in the back. Be sure to keep the hair loose in the front so the hairline does not show.
- Detail random pieces of the chignon with Sebastian Professional Craft Clay for matte hold. Pull pieces from under each top section loose to frame the face.
- Once in shape, lightly spray Sebastian Professional Trilliant over the finished look for a touch of shimmer and shine.
How to Get the Look with Sebastian Professional:
- Whipped Crème – Ultra-light styler that nourishes and lifts curls and waves for a silky, shiny finish ($18.95)
- Mousse Forte – Strong hold mousse that creates strong-lasting de-frizzed curls and waves ($13.95)
- Shaper – Brushable working hairspray to create direction, lift and control with a medium hold ($15.95)
- Craft Clay – Re-sculpting clay that redefines matte-hold styles to separate and re-style texture (15.95)
- Trilliant – Thermal Protection and Shimmer Complex for ultra-light body and a glamorous shiny finish ($19.95)
Lead Stylist – Anthony Cole, Sebastian Professional Stylist Design Team