Backstage at New York Fashion Week with Eugene Souleiman,
Global Creative Director, Wella Professionals
Creating the Hair Look for DKNY A/W ‘12
The Look: The New Realism
“This hair look is all about preparation, so we started by washing and conditioning the girls hair, adding Velvet Amplifier to wet hair, then applying Wella Professionals Smoothing Balm before blow drying with a round brush to get a rich, smooth finish to the hair. After creating a low side parting and pulling the hair to the back of the head, we used straightening irons to get hair perfectly straight and the effects of the Flowing Form helped us to manipulate the straightening irons though the hair and also made the hair stick together slightly as it cooled. The addition of the custom made classic barrette helped to create a wide low tail, with very straight edges and kept the hair flat to the head, for a small silhouette which worked brilliantly against simple shapes of the clothes” said Eugene.
Get the Look:
· Start with clean freshly washed and conditioned hair, using Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner, to ensure hair is in perfect condition.
· Prep wet hair with Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier then add Wella Professionals Flowing Form Smoothing Balm before blow drying with a round brush to create a smooth sleek finish.
· Section the hair at the front of hair and create a deep side parting. Smooth hair down and spray very lightly with Wella Professionals Perfect Stay Essential hairspray to add shine and keep the ‘flyaways’ down.
· Pull the hair back behind the ears and use straightening irons through the back section of the hair, then using a wide barrette clip, secure the hair in to a low tail at the nape of the neck. The tail should be wide and flat with straight edges.
· Finish with a soft spray of Wella Professionals Stay Essential hair spray to hold the look in place.
· Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner
· Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier
· Wella Professionals Flowing Form Smoothing Balm
· Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray
Follow Eugene Souleiman and Wella Professionals backstage at Fashion week on twitter @WellaHairUSA